Monday, September 29, 2014

Breaking Dawn

I'm drinking a warm cup of tea as I listen to worship music on Pandora. Kari Jobe's "I am not Alone" came on and all I could do was sit in quiet reflection. With everything going on around me, I should feel overwhelmed. I'm sitting in the eye of the storm but I am in perfect peace because I know that I am not alone. He is with me, guiding me and calming the raging sea. The phrase "it's always darkest before dawn" is so true, because it feels so heavy right before God bursts through. His light breaks forth and radiates everything around it. He showers us with His love and even though we may not know or understand why he calls us to endure such things, there is always a purpose to it. I feel something rising up inside me- an anticipation of something to come that I'm not quite sure of. That He is going to call me to something more difficult than I've ever endured.  I have to trust that He is there before me and behind me and beside me as I walk through what is going to be the most difficult period of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment